Electronics & Programming

develissimo

Open Source electronics development and programming

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Microcontrollers
  • » I'm thinking of buying a Mini USB PIC Programmer and I need some advice on whether this is a good idea [RSS Feed]

#1 Sept. 20, 2012 04:01:55

zob1
Profile   Send e-mail  

I'm thinking of buying a Mini USB PIC Programmer and I need some advice on whether this is a good idea

I'm some what new to micro controller programming. I am thing of buying a programmer so I can start making circuits. The programmer I am thinking of is a mini usb pic programmer (http://www.canakit.com/usb-pic-programmer.html) looks fine by my noobish eyes but I wanted to get the option of some on who has more experience than me with micro's.

Edited zob1 (Sept. 20, 2012 05:30:05)

#2 Sept. 20, 2012 09:34:01

Raphael
Profile   Send e-mail  

I'm thinking of buying a Mini USB PIC Programmer and I need some advice on whether this is a good idea

hello zob1,

this kit looks quite nice. As you are a beginner, you should have fun to play with. And it is pretty straight forward as there are ready to use programming tools available. (MPLAB,...)

do you have specific questions?
Manual is available but quite short. Too short IMHO.
Some programming examples would be fine - on the first look I couldn't find any.
For me thouse kind of point and click adventures are kind of boring (speaking about IDE) but you should achieve results fast.
The question is: do you want to learn µC programming/developing or do you need to achieve results fast?

Cheers,
Raphael

Open source stands for: better quality, higher reliability, more flexibility, lower cost, end to predatory vendor lock-in, freedom, autonomy of decision and a future to mankind!

#3 Sept. 22, 2012 23:01:41

zob1
Profile   Send e-mail  

ok Thanks!

#4 April 19, 2017 18:11:16

mariakatosvich
Profile   Send e-mail  

This post is being moderated

• Root
  • » Microcontrollers
  • » I'm thinking of buying a Mini USB PIC Programmer and I need some advice on whether this is a good idea [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control

Enjoy the 27th of April
PoweredBy

The Forums are managed by develissimo stuff members, if you find any issues or misplaced content please help us to fix it. Thank you! Tell us via Contact Options
Leave a Message
Welcome to Develissimo Live Support