Electronics & Programming

develissimo

Open Source electronics development and programming

  • You are not logged in.

#1 Nov. 9, 2005 07:35:05

Aldous D.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFC: libinieditor-java


Hello,

I've packaged libinieditor-java, a small library for manipulating
ini-style configuration files. The debianized package is athttp://deathwing.penarmac.com/debian/libinieditor-java/and I've asked
at #debian-mentors for some comments on my package. rafl (Florian
Ragwitz) said that based on the diff, it looked okay.

I was wondering if anyone else would have time to look at it and give
some comments. If the packaging seems okay, I would also like to ask
for a sponsor if anyone would be willing.

Thanks.

--
GPG Key ID: 0xD6655C18
Linux Just Simply Rocks!http://deathwing.penarmac.com/

Offline

#2 Nov. 10, 2005 08:12:50

Wolfgang B.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFC: libinieditor-java


Hi Aldous,

Aldous D. Penaranda wrote:Hello,I was wondering if anyone else would have time to look at it and give
some comments. If the packaging seems okay, I would also like to ask
for a sponsor if anyone would be willing.(1)
Architecture: any

Java packages are Architecture: all ! This change will also mean to
use Build-Depends-Indep and to move the build stuff into the
binary-indep: target in the debian/rules file.

(2)
Depends: gij | kaffe | sablevm | java1-runtime | java2-runtime

IMHO its enough to depend on one concrete java1-runtime and most
packages in debian use kaffe there (but thats a personal viewpoint)

Depends: kaffe | java1-runtime | java2-runtime


Regards,
Wolfgang


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact

Offline

#3 Nov. 10, 2005 08:53:53

Michael K.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFC: libinieditor-java


On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 09:13:01AM +0100, Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi Aldous,
>
> Aldous D. Penaranda wrote:
> >Hello,
>
> >I was wondering if anyone else would have time to look at it and give
> >some comments. If the packaging seems okay, I would also like to ask
> >for a sponsor if anyone would be willing.
>
> (1)
> Architecture: any
>
> Java packages are Architecture: all ! This change will also mean to
> use Build-Depends-Indep and to move the build stuff into the
> binary-indep: target in the debian/rules file.
>
> (2)
> Depends: gij | kaffe | sablevm | java1-runtime | java2-runtime
>
> IMHO its enough to depend on one concrete java1-runtime and most
> packages in debian use kaffe there (but thats a personal viewpoint)
>
> Depends: kaffe | java1-runtime | java2-runtime

Its better to depend on kaffe (>= 1.1.5) as older kaffe versions were
too broken kaffe kaffe 1.0.x was not really usable at all.


Cheers,
Michael
--
Escape the Java Trap with GNU Classpath!http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.htmlJoin the community athttp://planet.classpath.org/--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact

Offline

#4 Nov. 10, 2005 09:06:21

Wolfgang B.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFC: libinieditor-java


Michael Koch wrote:On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 09:13:01AM +0100, Wolfgang Baer wrote:(2)
Depends: gij | kaffe | sablevm | java1-runtime | java2-runtime

IMHO its enough to depend on one concrete java1-runtime and most
packages in debian use kaffe there (but thats a personal viewpoint)

Depends: kaffe | java1-runtime | java2-runtimeIts better to depend on kaffe (>= 1.1.5) as older kaffe versions were
too broken kaffe kaffe 1.0.x was not really usable at all.Right. However don't miss the epoch as otherwise its useless.

kaffe (>= 2:1.1.5)

Wolfgang


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact

Offline

#5 Nov. 11, 2005 10:29:18

Aldous D.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFC: libinieditor-java


On 11/10/05, Wolfgang Baer <> wrote:
> (1)
> Architecture: any
>
> Java packages are Architecture: all ! This change will also mean to
> use Build-Depends-Indep and to move the build stuff into the
> binary-indep: target in the debian/rules file.

Done.

> (2)
> Depends: gij | kaffe | sablevm | java1-runtime | java2-runtime
>
> IMHO its enough to depend on one concrete java1-runtime and most
> packages in debian use kaffe there (but thats a personal viewpoint)
>
> Depends: kaffe | java1-runtime | java2-runtime

Done. I've also changed the dependency to kaffe (>=2:1.1.5) as suggested.


The package is lintian and linda-clean and has been successfully
rebuilt with pbuilder.

If anyone has time to look at my revised package, it can be located athttp://deathwing.penarmac.com/debian/libinieditor-java/. If a DD
thinks that the package is okay, I would also like to request for a
sponsored upload.

Thank you very much.

--
GPG Key ID: 0xD6655C18
Linux Just Simply Rocks!http://deathwing.penarmac.com/

Offline

Board footer

Moderator control

Enjoy the 20th of November
PoweredBy

The Forums are managed by develissimo stuff members, if you find any issues or misplaced content please help us to fix it. Thank you! Tell us via Contact Options
Leave a Message
Welcome to Develissimo Live Support