Electronics & Programming

develissimo

Open Source electronics development and programming

  • You are not logged in.

#1 Nov. 30, 2010 22:27:14

Andrew R.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFS: libspark-java


Dear debian-java mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspark-java".

* Package name : libspark-java
Version : 1.2-1
Upstream Author : Larry Ogrodnek <ogrod***@*mail.com>
* URL :http://www.representqueens.com/spark/* License : Apache 2.0
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libspark-java - Java package to draw sparklines
libspark-java-doc - Java package to draw sparklines (documentation)

The package appears to be lintian clean.

The upload would fix these bugs: 605502

My motivation for maintaining this package is: Dependency of Gephi.

The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL:http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspark-java- Source repository: deb-srchttp://mentors.debian.net/debianunstablemain contrib non-free- dgethttp://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspark-java/libspark-java_1.2-1.dscAlternatively the package is in the pkg-java svn repository:
Vcs-Browser:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/libspark-java/Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/libspark-java

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.

Kind regards
Andrew Ross


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-requ...@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmas...@lists.debian.org
Archive:http://lists.debian.org/4cf57614.9050...@rossfamily.co.uk

Offline

#2 Dec. 7, 2010 06:30:21

tony m.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFS: libspark-java


Hello Andrew,

The package looks good. I propose 2 minor changes:

1) updating debian/copyright to list the upstream copyright as 2006-2007 as some
of the source files are copyrighted in 2007.

2) modifying the build-dep on libservlet2.4-java to be libservlet2.5-java
(unless there is some reason that the package should be built against the older
version).

The package is building fine with those changes, which I have ready to commit to
the SVN repo. Let me know if it's okay to go ahead and upload with the new
build-dep.

Thank you,
tony

On 11/30/2010 02:09 PM, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Dear debian-java mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspark-java".
>
> * Package name : libspark-java
> Version : 1.2-1
> Upstream Author : Larry Ogrodnek <ogrod***@*mail.com>
> * URL :http://www.representqueens.com/spark/> * License : Apache 2.0
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libspark-java - Java package to draw sparklines
> libspark-java-doc - Java package to draw sparklines (documentation)
>
> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 605502
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Dependency of Gephi.
>
> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> - URL:http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspark-java> - Source repository: deb-srchttp://mentors.debian.net/debianunstable
> main contrib non-free
> - dget
>http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspark-java/libspark-java_1.2-1.dsc>
>
> Alternatively the package is in the pkg-java svn repository:
> Vcs-Browser:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/libspark-java/> Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/libspark-java
>
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Kind regards
> Andrew Ross
>
>signature.ascDescription:OpenPGP digital signature

Attachments:
attachment signature.asc (900 bytes)

Offline

#3 Dec. 7, 2010 18:45:14

Andrew R.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFS: libspark-java


Hello Tony,

Thanks for the offer to sponsor this package. The change to
debian/copyright looks fine to me. I didn't use libservlet2.5-java as
the current non-versioned jars (/usr/share/java/jsp-api.jar and
/usr/share/java/servlet-api.jar) come from the libservlet2.4-java
package. I believe changing to 2.5 would require the following CLASSPATH
line in debian/rules instead of the current one.

export CLASSPATH :=
/usr/share/java/servlet-api-2.5.jar:/usr/share/java/jsp-api-2.1.jar

It certainly doesn't compile in my pbuilder without that change. I don't
mind which option you go with - it shouldn't make any difference, as I
think the parts of the servlet and jsp api being used are the same in
2.4 and 2.5. Whichever option you choose, feel free to update in svn and
go ahead with the upload.

Thanks,
Andrew

On 07/12/10 06:29, tony mancill wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> The package looks good. I propose 2 minor changes:
>
> 1) updating debian/copyright to list the upstream copyright as 2006-2007 as
> some
> of the source files are copyrighted in 2007.
>
> 2) modifying the build-dep on libservlet2.4-java to be libservlet2.5-java
> (unless there is some reason that the package should be built against the
> older
> version).
>
> The package is building fine with those changes, which I have ready to commit
> to
> the SVN repo. Let me know if it's okay to go ahead and upload with the new
> build-dep.
>
> Thank you,
> tony
>
> On 11/30/2010 02:09 PM, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> Dear debian-java mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspark-java".
>>
>> * Package name : libspark-java
>> Version : 1.2-1
>> Upstream Author : Larry Ogrodnek <ogrod***@*mail.com>
>> * URL :http://www.representqueens.com/spark/>> * License : Apache 2.0
>> Section : java
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> libspark-java - Java package to draw sparklines
>> libspark-java-doc - Java package to draw sparklines (documentation)
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 605502
>>
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Dependency of Gephi.
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - URL:http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspark-java>> - Source repository: deb-srchttp://mentors.debian.net/debianunstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget
>>http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspark-java/libspark-java_1.2-1.dsc>>
>>
>> Alternatively the package is in the pkg-java svn repository:
>> Vcs-Browser:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/libspark-java/>> Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/libspark-java
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andrew Ross
>>
>>
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-requ...@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmas...@lists.debian.org
Archive:http://lists.debian.org/4cfe7d0e.2010...@rossfamily.co.uk

Offline

#4 Dec. 8, 2010 01:55:37

tony m.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFS: libspark-java


Hi Andrew,

Yes, I was building the package with that change to the CLASSPATH. I'd like to
ask the debian-java list if there is an opinion regarding whether such a change
is warranted. It seems preferable to leave the CLASSPATH as it is with the
unversioned jars, but also to build against the new libservlet.

Is there an upcoming transition after which libservlet2.5 deliver the
unversioned servlet-api and jsp-api jars?

Thank you,
Tony

On 12/07/2010 10:29 AM, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
> Thanks for the offer to sponsor this package. The change to
> debian/copyright looks fine to me. I didn't use libservlet2.5-java as
> the current non-versioned jars (/usr/share/java/jsp-api.jar and
> /usr/share/java/servlet-api.jar) come from the libservlet2.4-java
> package. I believe changing to 2.5 would require the following CLASSPATH
> line in debian/rules instead of the current one.
>
> export CLASSPATH :=
> /usr/share/java/servlet-api-2.5.jar:/usr/share/java/jsp-api-2.1.jar
>
> It certainly doesn't compile in my pbuilder without that change. I don't
> mind which option you go with - it shouldn't make any difference, as I
> think the parts of the servlet and jsp api being used are the same in
> 2.4 and 2.5. Whichever option you choose, feel free to update in svn and
> go ahead with the upload.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrewsignature.ascDescription:OpenPGP digital signature

Attachments:
attachment signature.asc (900 bytes)

Offline

#5 Dec. 9, 2010 00:33:19

Andrew R.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

RFS: libspark-java


Hi Tony,

I had more of a think about this, and looked at some other packages that
use libservlet2.5. They use the versioned jar files. Given the version
is also in the package name I think this actually makes sense - the
package won't work with some later libservlet* anyway without updating
the dependencies.

I'm now in favour of your change to libservlet2.5-java, since it's the
more recent API. It's supported by Tomcat 6 and Jetty 6, so I don't
think it's likely to cause anyone a problem. Going with the older
version is more likely to need changes sooner.

Thanks,
Andrew


On 08/12/10 01:54, tony mancill wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Yes, I was building the package with that change to the CLASSPATH. I'd like
> to
> ask the debian-java list if there is an opinion regarding whether such a
> change
> is warranted. It seems preferable to leave the CLASSPATH as it is with the
> unversioned jars, but also to build against the new libservlet.
>
> Is there an upcoming transition after which libservlet2.5 deliver the
> unversioned servlet-api and jsp-api jars?
>
> Thank you,
> Tony
>
> On 12/07/2010 10:29 AM, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> Hello Tony,
>>
>> Thanks for the offer to sponsor this package. The change to
>> debian/copyright looks fine to me. I didn't use libservlet2.5-java as
>> the current non-versioned jars (/usr/share/java/jsp-api.jar and
>> /usr/share/java/servlet-api.jar) come from the libservlet2.4-java
>> package. I believe changing to 2.5 would require the following CLASSPATH
>> line in debian/rules instead of the current one.
>>
>> export CLASSPATH :=
>> /usr/share/java/servlet-api-2.5.jar:/usr/share/java/jsp-api-2.1.jar
>>
>> It certainly doesn't compile in my pbuilder without that change. I don't
>> mind which option you go with - it shouldn't make any difference, as I
>> think the parts of the servlet and jsp api being used are the same in
>> 2.4 and 2.5. Whichever option you choose, feel free to update in svn and
>> go ahead with the upload.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-requ...@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmas...@lists.debian.org
Archive:http://lists.debian.org/4d002013.10...@rossfamily.co.uk

Offline

Board footer

Moderator control

Enjoy the 12th of December
PoweredBy

The Forums are managed by develissimo stuff members, if you find any issues or misplaced content please help us to fix it. Thank you! Tell us via Contact Options
Leave a Message
Welcome to Develissimo Live Support