Electronics & Programming

develissimo

Open Source electronics development and programming

  • You are not logged in.

#1 Nov. 2, 2005 11:01:08

Kenneth G.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

init ignoring 127.0.0.1


hi
i have an application running on a freebsd 'jail'. The postgresql
database is hosted on 127.0.0.1 (not localhost). My application runs
perfectly with the DATABASE_HOST = '127.0.0.1'. I have now started a
second app on the same server. When i run django-admin.py init, it is
unable to create the database because it is trying to find the database
on the ip address of the server on which it is running and not on
127.0.0.1. I am doing this on the latest svn of django - previously i
had done this on svn #6xx. Any clues?
--
regards
kghttp://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgontally ho!http://avsap.org.inಇಂಡ್ಲಿನಕ್ಸ வாழ்க!

Offline

#2 Nov. 2, 2005 11:42:52

Marcos S.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

init ignoring 127.0.0.1


Is 127.0.0.1 not localhost? Can you explain that? The 127.X.X.X net _is_
localhost by IP specs, I thought.

El mié, 02-11-2005 a las 16:28 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves escribió:
> hi
> i have an application running on a freebsd 'jail'. The postgresql
> database is hosted on 127.0.0.1 (not localhost). My application runs
> perfectly with the DATABASE_HOST = '127.0.0.1'. I have now started a
> second app on the same server. When i run django-admin.py init, it is
> unable to create the database because it is trying to find the database
> on the ip address of the server on which it is running and not on
> 127.0.0.1. I am doing this on the latest svn of django - previously i
> had done this on svn #6xx. Any clues?
--
Marcos Sánchez Provencio <>

Offline

#3 Nov. 2, 2005 11:55:04

Kenneth G.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

init ignoring 127.0.0.1


On Wednesday 02 Nov 2005 5:03 pm, Marcos Sánchez Provencio wrote:
> Is 127.0.0.1 not localhost? Can you explain that? The 127.X.X.X net
> _is_ localhost by IP specs, I thought.

this is running in a freebsd jail - 'localhost' will apply to whats
inside the jail. The postgres database is running on the same physical
machine but outside the jail - so it needs to be addressed at
127.0.0.1, and not at 'localhost' - i am no expert in these things and
anyway they are irrelevant to my question. My question is: when i put a
string as '127.0.0.1' for the db host, why doesnt init try to access
that? As mentioned, in the the other site on the same server, django
has no problem in accessing the database at '127.0.0.1'. So i feel it
is some bug in init
>
> El mié, 02-11-2005 a las 16:28 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves escribió:
> > hi
> > i have an application running on a freebsd 'jail'. The postgresql
> > database is hosted on 127.0.0.1 (not localhost). My application
> > runs perfectly with the DATABASE_HOST = '127.0.0.1'. I have now
> > started a second app on the same server. When i run django-admin.py
> > init, it is unable to create the database because it is trying to
> > find the database on the ip address of the server on which it is
> > running and not on 127.0.0.1. I am doing this on the latest svn of
> > django - previously i had done this on svn #6xx. Any clues?

--
regards
kghttp://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgontally ho!http://avsap.org.inಇಂಡ್ಲಿನಕ್ಸ வாழ்க!

Offline

#4 Nov. 3, 2005 05:50:44

Kenneth G.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

init ignoring 127.0.0.1


On Wednesday 02 Nov 2005 5:16 pm, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 Nov 2005 5:03 pm, Marcos Sánchez Provencio wrote:
> > Is 127.0.0.1 not localhost? Can you explain that? The 127.X.X.X net
> > _is_ localhost by IP specs, I thought.
>
> this is running in a freebsd jail - 'localhost' will apply to whats
> inside the jail. The postgres database is running on the same
> physical machine but outside the jail - so it needs to be addressed
> at 127.0.0.1, and not at 'localhost' - i am no expert in these things
> and anyway they are irrelevant to my question. My question is: when i
> put a string as '127.0.0.1' for the db host, why doesnt init try to
> access that? As mentioned, in the the other site on the same server,
> django has no problem in accessing the database at '127.0.0.1'. So i
> feel it is some bug in init

solved - i had mispelt the db name
--
regards
kghttp://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgontally ho!http://avsap.org.inಇಂಡ್ಲಿನಕ್ಸ வாழ்க!

Offline

Board footer

Moderator control

Enjoy the 20th of November
PoweredBy

The Forums are managed by develissimo stuff members, if you find any issues or misplaced content please help us to fix it. Thank you! Tell us via Contact Options
Leave a Message
Welcome to Develissimo Live Support