Electronics & Programming

develissimo

Open Source electronics development and programming

  • You are not logged in.

#1 Dec. 3, 2010 12:18:22

Tim S.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

Initial Create Table Script


Is there a way to generate a sql script that gets the entire tablestructure required for a django project? Including contrib.auth etc../manage.py sql django.contrib.auth is giving me:Error: App with label django.contrib.auth could not be found. Are yousure your INSTALLED_APPS setting is correct?INSTALLED_APPS = (
'django.contrib.auth',
...
)I don't have direct access to the database that I'm running against on acustomer site - therefore I need a script to create the database.Thanks,

Tim.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django
users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

Offline

#2 Dec. 3, 2010 12:46:03

Anurag C.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

Initial Create Table Script


Yes there is.....

You need to use

*./manage.py sql auth*

instead of

*./manage.py sql django.contrib.auth*

Regards,
Anurag

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Tim Sawyer <list.dja...@calidris.co.uk>wrote:

> Is there a way to generate a sql script that gets the entire table
> structure required for a django project? Including contrib.auth etc.
>
> ./manage.py sql django.contrib.auth is giving me:
>
> Error: App with label django.contrib.auth could not be found. Are you sure
> your INSTALLED_APPS setting is correct?
>
> INSTALLED_APPS = (
> 'django.contrib.auth',
> ...
> )
>
> I don't have direct access to the database that I'm running against on a
> customer site - therefore I need a script to create the database.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<django-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
>http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

Offline

#3 Dec. 3, 2010 13:16:59

Tim S.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

Initial Create Table Script


Excellent, thanks.

I needed to run

./manage.py sql auth
./manage.py sql sites
./manage.py sql sessions
./manage.py sql admin
./manage.py sql contenttypes

to get what I needed.

Cheers,

Tim.

On 03/12/10 12:45, Anurag Chourasia wrote:Yes there is.....

You need to use

*./manage.py sql auth*

instead of

*./manage.py sql django.contrib.auth*

Regards,
Anurag

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Tim Sawyer <list.dja...@calidris.co.uk
<mailto:list.dja...@calidris.co.uk>> wrote:

Is there a way to generate a sql script that gets the entire table
structure required for a django project? Including contrib.auth etc.

./manage.py sql django.contrib.auth is giving me:

Error: App with label django.contrib.auth could not be found. Are
you sure your INSTALLED_APPS setting is correct?

INSTALLED_APPS = (
'django.contrib.auth',
...
)

I don't have direct access to the database that I'm running against
on a customer site - therefore I need a script to create the database.

Thanks,

Tim.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com
<mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com>.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:django-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django
users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

Offline

Board footer

Moderator control

Enjoy the 18th of October
PoweredBy

The Forums are managed by develissimo stuff members, if you find any issues or misplaced content please help us to fix it. Thank you! Tell us via Contact Options
Leave a Message
Welcome to Develissimo Live Support