Electronics & Programming

develissimo

Open Source electronics development and programming

  • You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 6, 2011 16:32:12

Peter L.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

Django with PostgreSQL on Debian.


Having gotten through the first few obstacles, I am now trying to build
an app on a Debian based (Linux Mint, actually) and I am running into
the following message when running the development server:

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading psycopg
module: No module named psycopg


If I am translating that correctly, Python is trying to tell me it is
missing a module to talk to PostgreSQL. I've attempted to resolve
this on my own by loading the following packages:

python-psycopg
(obsolete package?)
python-psycopg2


Still getting the same error. Can anybody steer me to the correct
package?


--
Peter L. Berghold <pe...@berghold.net>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

Offline

#2 Jan. 6, 2011 16:37:01

T.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

Django with PostgreSQL on Debian.


on my ubuntu
in the settings . py

'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',

i've seen works with

'ENGINE': 'postgresql_psycopg2',

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Peter L. Berghold <pe...@berghold.net>wrote:

> Having gotten through the first few obstacles, I am now trying to build
> an app on a Debian based (Linux Mint, actually) and I am running into
> the following message when running the development server:
>
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading psycopg
> module: No module named psycopg
>
>
> If I am translating that correctly, Python is trying to tell me it is
> missing a module to talk to PostgreSQL. I've attempted to resolve
> this on my own by loading the following packages:
>
> python-psycopg
> (obsolete package?)
> python-psycopg2
>
>
> Still getting the same error. Can anybody steer me to the correct
> package?
>
>
> --
> Peter L. Berghold <pe...@berghold.net>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<django-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
>http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

Offline

#3 Jan. 6, 2011 21:39:44

T.
Registered: 2009-11-02
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile   Send e-mail  

Django with PostgreSQL on Debian.


for me it is working too

settings.py:
"ENGINE": "django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2",


# aptitude search python-psycopg2
i python-psycopg2 - Python module for PostgreSQL



good luck,
TR

Am 06.01.2011 um 17:36 schrieb Tonton:

> on my ubuntu
> in the settings . py
>
> 'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
>
> i've seen works with
>
> 'ENGINE': 'postgresql_psycopg2',
>
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Peter L. Berghold <pe...@berghold.net> wrote:
> Having gotten through the first few obstacles, I am now trying to build
> an app on a Debian based (Linux Mint, actually) and I am running into
> the following message when running the development server:
>
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading psycopg
> module: No module named psycopg
>
>
> If I am translating that correctly, Python is trying to tell me it is
> missing a module to talk to PostgreSQL. I've attempted to resolve
> this on my own by loading the following packages:
>
> python-psycopg
> (obsolete package?)
> python-psycopg2
>
>
> Still getting the same error. Can anybody steer me to the correct
> package?
>
>
> --
> Peter L. Berghold <pe...@berghold.net>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
>http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
>http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-us...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

Offline

Board footer

Moderator control

Enjoy the 21st of October
PoweredBy

The Forums are managed by develissimo stuff members, if you find any issues or misplaced content please help us to fix it. Thank you! Tell us via Contact Options
Leave a Message
Welcome to Develissimo Live Support